TUI Cruise Ships
Turku Shipyard, Finland124 seats
Beautifully lit, acoustically optimal and flawlessly finished, the “Klanghaus” venues on board TUI’s latest cruise ships, "Mein Schiff 3" and "Mein Schiff 4", were intended to create “a unique concert experience at sea”; a place where passengers could momentarily leave the ship behind and be enthralled and enchanted the very highest calibre of musicians.
The two venues were designed to an exacting specification in collaboration with specialist theatre consultants. Elegance had to be combined with flexibility as the spaces also needed to be quickly transformed into ballrooms.
Working with Lemminkainen and their client, specialist ship fitout company Merima, Audience Systems was able to offer a retractable seating system with the perfect combination of finesse and functionality.
The seating package included:
- High specification “Recital” auditorium seats with a unique mechanism allowing them to fold away into the retractable platforms ·
- Perforated underseat panels for improved acoustic performance
- Custom finish to chair woodwork
- Matching custom finish to platform fascias allowing the unit to disappear into a recess when closed
- Power operated platforms for speedy room transitions
Both ships are now at sea and attracting world famous acts and enraptured crowds alike.