Retractable seating systems (sometimes referred to as "telescopic seating", "tribunes" or "bleachers") are tiers of seating that fold away into a space the depth of a single row. Perfect for multipurpose spaces where the seating is not always required, they can be designed to be stored in situ or in a separate location. Audience Systems are a world leader for retractable seating systems, with nearly 40 years' experience working closely with end users, architects and contractors.
- Designed and manufactured to meet British / European (BS EN) / international standards as required
- Unique steel alignment technology to prevent row jamming
- Exceptionally durable, automatic row locking system to hold the system firmly and safely in place once open
- Bolted structure for ongoing reliability - the system can be adjusted annually to compensate for changes in the floor etc
- Suite of options for operation and movement, including wireless operation
Further Product Benefits
- 10 year guarantee on the telescopic understructure
- Choice of chairs (Espace, Accolade and Zenith) conforming to level 4 (the highest level) of the strength standard EN 12727:2000
- Unique dedicated after sales and servicing team providing annual servicing and 24 hour assistance
Audience Systems' fixed retractable system is ideal for installations where the unit will only ever need to be anchored into one position. Simple and easy to use, the unit can be opened at a moment's notice.
Our recessed system is designed to be neatly stowed in an alcove or under a balcony. It's ideal for creating a flush finish for a stored bleacher in a sports venue, or for integrating retractable auditorium seating with balcony seating above. When retracted, optional fascias provide a neat and tidy appearance and offer extra protection to the unit.
Our mobile Telescopic Platform System provides the perfect solution for venues where truly multipurpose seating is required. Once closed, hydraulic trucks or forklifts can be used to move the unit to its storage location. A series of units can be configured into alternative layouts allowing you to change the dynamics of your venue, depending on your audiences' requirements.
Once retracted, our travelling TX Telescopic Platform System can be driven forwards or backwards to its storage location. The system's simple automatic push button control makes moving the unit effortless, fast and efficient.
Double Row Depth
Our double row depth option is ideal where a low ceiling or balcony restricts the number of rows that can be accommodated. As the name suggests, each platform accommodates two rows of seating.
Units can be retracted using integrated motors, controlled using a detachable push-button pendant. Alternatively, the tribunes can be retracted using a separately supplied "power truck". Smaller can be pulled in and out manually using 2 pull handles.
Chair Fold-Down Options
Chairs can be set to fold down automatically as the platforms retract, or can be manually folded down in groups prior to retraction.
Fascia panels are available in a variety of attractive finishes including beech veneer and painted. When the system is retracted they provide a neat and tidy appearance and offer extra protection to the unit. When the tribune is open, the section spanning the aisle simply slides out to create a clear walkway.
Heavy duty carpet - available in a wide range of colours to complement the interior of your venue.
Removable Drapes and Panels
Our removable drapes and panels can be fitted to the front, rear and/or side of the system to hide its under structure and prevent unwanted access.
Work off a low voltage power supply which makes them cost effective and easy to run. They have an optional battery backup which is activated in the case of power failure.
An effective and elegant waymarking solution. Our LED nosing works off a low voltage power supply and has an optional battery backup which is activated in the case of power failure.
Our comprehensive range of rails has been designed to suit most requirements, however bespoke options are available on request. As standard, we offer timber, steel tube or perforated steel designs.
Our rails can be fixed to the telescopic system in a number of ways:
- Removable rails - simply lift from the telescopic system and can be stored in a separate location
- Folding rails - fold directly onto the system's aisle before retraction
- Self storing rails - stay on the unit as it retracts, stacking effortlessly to the side of the platforms.