Product Development Manager
Location: Westbury, WiltshireClosing Date: 16 December 2022
Audience Systems is the UK market leader for retractable seating and auditorium seating, also exporting worldwide. Our customers include venues such as Manchester Arena, the Royal Albert Hall and Sydney Opera House.
To help us stay at the forefront of our market, we are seeking a talented design engineer to take on a unique and exciting role. You will be leading our product development programme, working closely with the engineering, sales and marketing teams to create functional design concepts, test and potentially improve existing designs, and see development projects through to manufacture. You’ll be based right at the heart of our operation - at our factory and headquarters in Westbury, Wiltshire.
To ensure success, you should have exceptional mathematical skills, a talent for design, and experience with managing cross-departmental teams. You will be applying your technical and aesthetic design skills to create products which are attractive, cost-effective, user-friendly, straightforward to manufacture and help us to achieve our sustainability goals.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER ROLE
- Conducting market research and evaluating similar products and their functions.
- Collaborating with the sales and marketing departments on product feasibility.
- Redesigning existing products to enhance functionality, reduce costs or improve sustainability.
- Creating design projects and specification sheets.
- Presenting product designs to management and stakeholders.
- Overseeing the engineering of product prototypes.
- Testing prototype products for functionality, ease-of-use, and longevity.
- Resolving product issues.
- Liaising with MPC, Sales and Engineering to ensure that new products are introduced successfully into production
- Monitoring and reporting on the processes within your control to ensure adequate review and analysis
- Personal training and development to ensure personal and business success. Meeting with business management, marketing, and the sales team to discuss product ideas.
The role currently has no direct reports, but this may well change as the product development function develops.
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED WITHIN ROLE
- Product design/development
- Knowledge of modern manufacturing processes
- BSc. In engineering (or equivalent)
- IT literacy
- Confident, dynamic and committed to putting things into practice quickly and effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent manager of people, who leads by example
- CAD experience
- Solid works experience
- Self-starter who can work on own initiative
We are an inclusive and friendly company who believe firmly in a good work-life balance. We offer a competitive salary and range of benefits, including a 4.5 day working week and opportunity to apply for hybrid working once you’ve settled in. There may be some travel in the role, especially as you familiarise yourself with our own and our competitors’ products.
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com, or use the form on the right. If you have any questions, please do call Sara or Louise in our HR department on 01373 865050, who’ll be happy to discuss our company and the role further with you.Back To Jobs
To apply for this job, fill out the form below and then upload your Covering Letter and CV. Please make sure all details are correct and the uploads are complete before sending your application.